Tiramisu with rose-flavoured black tea. Recipe by Ale Gambini, aka A Queen in the Kitchen, founder and representative of the Tiramisu Club California
- 2 fresh eggs
- 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 250 g of mascarpone cheese
- 250 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea Assam or Ceylon
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosebuds
- Dried rosebuds and edible gold for the decoration
- Prepare the tea by bringing the water to the boil, turn off the heat,
add the black tea, rosebuds and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
Strain and leave to cool.
- Separate the eggs yolks from the whites, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- In another bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow, add the mascarpone and mix everything together.
Gently incorporate the whipped egg whites into the mascarpone cream.
- Arrange the ladyfingers, previously soaked in the tea, in cocktail glasses.
Fill the glass to the brim with the mascarpone cream and level with a spatula.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Serve the tiramisu decorated with dried rosebuds and edible gold.